2017 State Deca Results

Alexis Jordan, Online Editor

The State DECA competition that took place early march awarded a group of students with some prestigious awards. Addison White(11) was voted the Vice President of Corporate Development as well as won 1st place in Professional selling. Panashe Chakabva(11) was voted District 3/6 Vice President and got 5th place overall for the financial services team event with her partner Pravalika Surakanit (11). Jodi Camino(11)  took control of the Human Resources Series Event with 1st place in Marketing Concepts, 3rd place Emotional Intelligence, and winning 2nd place overall. The team of three. Sara Carter( ), Evan Castle (12), and Ameena Sohail(11) was awarded 2nd place in Hospitality and Tourism Operations Research event. Juniors Sydney Adams, Susan Chen, and Pamela Chen placed 3rd for the Independent Business Plan Event. For the International Business Plan category, Malaika Ahmed (11) and partner Chengyu Bi placed 4th while Julia Eifort (11) placed 5th. The Advertising Campaign event team placed 3rd which included Amulya Chintapalli (10), Ashley Federoff( 10) and Vanessa Popescu (10). Finally, Sam Dvorak placed 1st for Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan. All of these students qualified nationals which take place in California in April.

In all of these category’s there was also finalist who made the top ten but did not qualify for nationals who are listed below:

Bailey Green(12) – Professional Selling

Jonathon Pappas (11) – Principles of Business Management

Mason Coffee (12) – Financial Services Team Event

Luke Doster (12) – Financial Services Team Event

Julia Dvorak (10) – Innovation Plan Event