April Letter from the Editor

Mikayla Havison, Editor-in-Chief

Dear Readers,

By now, you have probably realized that we will not be going back to school this year, and as a result, we will unfortunately be unable to print issues of the Spartana; however, the Spartana is optimistic about what the rest of the semester holds for our publication. 

We are excited to announce that we will be creating the first ever virtual edition of the Spartana, which will be released before finals on our website. In the issue, we will have our traditional news, life and feature style stories, as well as stories on how COVID-19 has made changes in all of our lives.

If you know a senior who has lost an opportunity or “victory lap” because of the COVID-19, please email us. As a school newspaper, it is our duty to cover the accomplishments of students, even if they are cut short. We want to make sure that every senior can have their well-deserved moment in the spotlight.

In the meantime, we will be posting stories on our website to help you stay entertained and safe during this quarantine. As of now, we have posted the future of AP tests, as well as recipes for you to enjoy. We will also be posting on our Instagram with updates and activities to help you get through this difficult time.

The Spartana would like to remind all of its readers to stay home and stay safe, as well as to thank everyone who has been putting their own safety at risk for the common good. We know this is hard, but it’s important to remember that we are all in this together, even if the solution to COVID-19 is isolation.

Sincerely,

Mikayla Havison

Editor-in-Chief